Monday, June 1, 2009

Final Project: PRINT

Gabbie Brown
Mrs. Jarrett
English 10
1 June 2009
Graphic Novel Final Assessment
I decided on the characters Marji, from Persepolis and Mate and Minerva from In The Time of The Butterflies. I chose these characters because I feel like they share some similar qualities. The one that I focused on in my graphic novel representation, was that they all stand up for what they believe in. All three characters are quite young, although are very mature and educated for their age. I chose the setting and sequence of events because it shows something that they are passionate for, and how they are not willing to just give it up without a fight. The panel designs that I used through my representation varied in some ways. I wanted to show different angles and compositions for the frames. I used some long shot frames to show the setting, while in others I used close up frames to show emotion. I made some frames bigger than others to show greater importance. For example the frame where Minerva is yelling, “We stand up for what we believe in!” I made that frame larger than all of the others because that is the most significant of all the frames, because it is the main theme that I focused on throughout the panels. I interpreted quite a bit of dialogue and thought bubbles to show what people are thinking about how they feel about the current situation. I also incorporated color because with the characters that I chose, I don’t consider them characters that should be in black and white. All three of them have very strong, bold personalities and I feel like color really emphasizes that. Also I feel that with the story that I chose, color helps tell the story, and keep people interested throughout.

No comments: