Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Comeback 2

Holy Beans..okay so I kept readng it keeps going as Mia is growing up and remembering more about her father. She started to see a counselor regularly by the age of 13. She was crippled by the memories she had of him. She started acting differently, having horrible nightmares and wake up in the middle of the night crying. Clarie didn't know what to do, she blamed herself for this everyday, but she thought if she had never met her husband, Mia wouldn't be here. She started to idolize people who were bad influences, alcoholics and rockstars. These chapters reminded me of my friend Talen, she is my age and I have known her since I was about 5. Her mom used to nanny me, and I noticed when we were about 9 she started acting really different. She listened to rap, and swore alot. I asked what had made her change and she always told me not to worry about it. Her attitude was tense, and she turned cold. When I was about 13 we no longer spoke. Her mom found me on facebook one day and we hadn't talked in abou 4 years and she asked how I was and everything, and I immediatly asked about Talen. She said she was okay, but that she had started drinking and hanging out with the wrong people. She ran away one day for a 2 days. She also told me that she had a rough childhood that they hid from me and my family, because they didn't want us to worry. She didn't go into deatails and I fifn't feel like nagging. I haven't spoken to her since I was 10 years old. It really reminded me of my book, because you can clearly see that Mia is going through a very hard time. I'm going to keep reading..

No comments: